What Do Antwerp Dentistry Clinicians do at your Dental Examination?
At every examination the dentists carry out the Antwerp Dentistry 10 point dental check :
- a caries (decay) check
- a periodontal (gum) disease check using our bespoke Antwerp Dental Screening protocol
- a saliva check
- a tooth wear check and tooth grinding risk assessment
- a jaw function check
- a cancer check
- a risk assessment of future disease
- a medical history assessment as this relates to dental disease
- a cosmetic dentistry check
- where appropriate, an orthodontic and/or facial aesthetics check
A comprehensive medical history is always taken.
In order to discuss your problems and the treatments you require, we use digital photography, digital low dose X-rays and computer graphics. For cosmetic dentistry, we may show you what is possible to achieve by showing you previous work completed at this practice.
We can even do a digital smile reconstruction and show you what cosmetic improvement can be achieved before you embark on any treatment.